UNCDF is seeking applications from financial service providers (FSPs) with the experience of serving young women and adolescent girls and mobile technology to support the development and deployment of a mobile interactive application that can be used to train adolescent girls on critical topics related to reproductive health and financial education. In addition, the application will be linked to an e-wallet that will allow adolescent girls to save to reach their savings goals.
Minimum qualification criteria
- At least five years in operations
- Legal authority to mobilize savings;
- Greater than 15,000 depositors;
- Positive return on assets;
- Solid portfolio quality; and
- Majority low-income clients.
- Be legally registered, licensed and supervised organization under the laws of Uganda;
- Licensed to provide digital financial services
- Previous experience developing products and services targeting the youth market.
- Previous experience integrating financial services with non-financial services such as financial education or reproductive health
- Make a stated commitment to monitoring and evaluating results, and be willing to share information and lessons learned with the international community
- Provide written confirmation (annex 1) that the organization has reviewed the UNCDF Grant Agreement template (available upon request), and that is prepared to sign it by May 1st without revision to standard language
- Submit a complete application
Other requirements and qualifications
- Any type of financial service provider is eligible to compete
- Have confirmed human resources to cover all planned/required activities;
Structure of the Application
- The application should follow the template provided in Annex 1.
- Only applications that follow the Submission Format and include all the necessary documentation will be accepted.
Submission of the Application
- Applications and any consultation about this RFA should be submitted via email at email@example.com
- The subject line of the email should be: Adolescent Girls and DFS in Uganda
- The deadline to submit the applications is April 21st, 2017 at 17.00 GMT
Deadline for submission: 21 April 2017 (Monday), 17:00 GMT