“We live in an era of rapid and momentous change driven in large part by advances in information and communications technologies. These technologies have the power to help us achieve all the Sustainable Development Goals (…) They can deliver smart solutions to address climate change, hunger, poverty and other global challenges. They are tools for providing digital and mobile health care and wider access to education to those in rural areas. They can also help to empower women, generate efficiencies in industrial and agricultural production, and safeguard the environment.”
Antonio Gutteres, Secretary-General of the United Nations message to Broadband Commission for Sustainable Development
Some Resources on how UNCDF contributes to the SDGs with Digital Finance
- Digital Financial Services can reduce worries on how to pay school fees
- Digital Financial Services for Women
- Mobile Microinsurance tech player wins RJS Innovation Award
- Financial Education Fiji
- Using Digital Gamification for Enhancing Financial Literacy in Myanmar
- The Fight for Light: Improving Energy Access through Digital Payments
- UNCDF’s SHIFT- CleanStart continues to provide energy to Cambodia’s 'last mile'
- MiBank pay-as-you-go Solar Platform
- UN agencies launch youth entrepreneurship and self-employment campaign to boost transition towards decent work
- M-Dorado: un pas pour les jeunes!
- Payments in Agro Value Chains: the Tea Value Chain in Uganda
- Goodbye Notebook, Hello Tablet
- Sierra Leone FinTech Challenge Finalists Announced