I. Website Usage Agreement Between the UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) and the User
- Use of this Site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions.
- UNCDF maintains this website (the "Site") as a courtesy to anyone who may choose to access the Site ("User"). The information presented herein is for information purposes only. UNCDF grants permission to the User to visit the Site and download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, "Materials") from the Site for User's personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, redistribute, compile or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific materials within this Site.
- UNCDF administers this Site. All Materials on this Site from UNCDF are subject to these terms and conditions.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials on this Site are those of the various the various United Nations staff members, consultants and advisers to UNCDF who prepared the work and do not necessarily represent the views of UNCDF, the United Nations or its Member States.
- Materials on this Site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. UNCDF specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. UNCDF periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the Materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances shall UNCDF be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to result from use of this Site, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of this Site is at User's sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall UNCDF or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if UNCDF has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- User specifically acknowledges and agrees that UNCDF is not liable for any conduct of any User.
- This site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various content providers. UNCDF does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any content provider, or any user of this site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at User's own risk. Neither UNCDF nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting therefrom.
- As a condition of use of this Site, User agrees to indemnify UNCDF and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of User's use of this Site, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by User of these terms and conditions. If User is dissatisfied with any material on this Site or with any of its terms and conditions of use of this Site, User's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Site.
- This Site may contain links and references to third-party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of UNCDF, and UNCDF is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. UNCDF provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by UNCDF.
- If this Site contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, "Forums"), User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, User agrees that when using a Forum, User shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents therefor as may be required by law.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a Forum that User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Harvest email or other forms of addresses by any means in order to collate them into lists for use in commercial or non-commercial mailings.
- User acknowledges that all Forums or Discussion Groups are public and not private communications. Further, User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, emails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by UNCDF, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by UNCDF. UNCDF reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums received from User, including without limitation email and bulletin board postings.
- In the event that this website allows users to make contributions to UNCDF to support areas affected by natural disasters or humanitarian crises, or for any other reasons, decisions by UNCDF to accept or reject contributions from the private sector are made based on UNDP Financial Regulations and Rules, related policies and procedures and the UNDP Policy Statement and Guidelines for working with the Private Sector, while taking into account the needs of affected countries. In no way does acceptance of a contribution represent an endorsement of a donor, its business or policies. In making a contribution to UNCDF, donor acknowledges that it will not enjoy favourable treatment of any kind in any future relationship with UNCDF.
Preservation of immunities
- Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the United Nations, which are specifically reserved.
Country and area nomenclature; mention of companies or products
- The use of particular designations of countries or territories does not imply any judgment by UNCDF as to the legal status of such countries or territories, of their authorities and institutions or of the delimitation of their boundaries. The mention of names of specific companies or products (whether or not indicated as registered) does not imply any intention to infringe proprietary rights, nor should it be construed as an endorsement or recommendation on the part of UNCDF. The designations "developed" and "developing" regions are intended for statistical and analytical convenience and do not necessarily express a judgment about the stage reached by a particular country or area in the development process.
- UNCDF reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the site or any Materials in any respect. UNCDF shall have no obligation to take the needs of any user into consideration in connection therewith.
- UNCDF reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
- No waiver by UNCDF of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in writing signed by its duly authorized representative.
II. Privacy Notice
Certain information about the user, such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, navigation through site, software used, time spent and other similar information, may be stored on UNCDF servers in small data pieces known as "cookies," which may also be written to the User's computer system. These cookies will not specifically identify the User. The information will be used internally only for website traffic analysis. If the User specifically provides unique identifying information, such as name, address and other information on forms stored on this site, such information will only be used to provide the User with a subscription service or for statistical purposes and will not be published for general access. UNCDF, however, assumes no responsibility for the security of this information.