The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF), and PHB have developed a financial literacy training toolkit customized to meet the needs and realities of refugees and refugee hosting communities in Uganda.
Financial Literacy Training aims to improve resilience and self-reliance of refugees and ensure that they are better equipped to make sound financial decisions, effectively interact with financial service providers and achieve their financial goals. This toolkit was created using a human-centered design approach and uses a delivery mechanism that is relevant to their daily lives and livelihoods.
UNCDF acknowledges the following organizations whose financial literacy curricula were consulted in the process of development of this toolkit:
- Global Financial Education Programme
- WorldFoodProgramme - Module2
- Dan Church Aid and MercyCorps’ Training on Financial Literacy
- AVSI and CareInternational’s Financial Education Manual
- VSLAssociates’ Programme Guide to Village Agents and Income Generating Activities
- GiZ’s Financial Literacy for Smallholder Farmers
- Finn ChurchAid’s Business Training Manual
- Bank of Uganda Financial Literacy curriculum